Looking To The Future
2014-2015 School Year
2014 Summer Sports Information
Monroe-Woodbury Department of Physical Education, Athletics, Intramurals
Welcome to the 2014-15 School Year! It is with great excitement, eagerness and anticipation for success that we embark on our annual quest to provide quality educational opportunities for our students in the areas of Physical Education and Athletics. You are invited to become part of the Monroe-Woodbury experience. To assist in this regard, please note the following information and dates:
The Monroe-Woodbury Central School District carries a Pride, Tradition and Spirit, which recognizes the educational value inherent in offering a diverse Physical Education, Interscholastic Athletic and Intramural program. These three components combine to assist students in the development of healthy lifestyles and responsible behaviors as young adults. It is with this in mind that I share the following:
- All students must complete a physical exam prior to participation on an Interscholastic Team (see link on right hand side of page).
- No jewelry will be worn during Physical Education classes that (in the opinion of the teacher), poses a safety concern to the student who is participating and/or other students.
- The annual New York State Physical Fitness testing will be conducted in Physical Education class for students in grades K-12 during this year.
- Students who are medically excused from Physical Education must have a doctor's note on file in their school's Health office and should complete a "restricted activity" Physical Education form.
- Selective Classification procedures for 7th & 8th Grade students interested in playing a Varsity or J.V. level sport are available in the Athletic Director's office.
Have a Healthy school year and if any questions arise regarding Physical Education, Athletics and Intramurals, please contact Ron Montalto, Director of Physical Education, Athletics and Intramurals at 845-460-6245, extension 6249.
Please click the links on the left hand-side of the page to access the Athlete of the Week information, Athletic Calendars, the OCIAA & the Section IX webpages (or use the links below).
Please note the following forms are available for download. Please select the appropriate form from the list below:
Please note by clicking the Related Links below you will be leaving the Monroe-Woodbury CSD website. The content material of each site is the sole responsibility of the web site owner.
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|