278 Route 32
Central Valley, NY 10917
Fax: (845) 460-6083
Director of Physical Education: Ron Montalto ext. 6249
Monroe-Woodbury Department of Physical Education, Athletics, Intramurals
Welcome to the School Year! It is with great excitement, eagerness and anticipation for success that we embark on our annual quest to provide quality educational opportunities for our students in the areas of Physical Education and Athletics. To assist in this regard, please note the following information and dates. You are invited to become part of the Monroe-Woodbury experience.
The Monroe-Woodbury Central School District carries a Pride, Tradition and Spirit, which, recognizes the educational value inherent in offering a diverse Physical Education, Interscholastic Athletic and Intramural program. These three components combine to assist students in the development of healthy lifestyles and responsible behaviors as young adults. It is with this in mind that I share the following:
• All students must complete a physical exam prior to participation on an Interscholastic Team.
• No jewelry will be worn during Physical Education classes that (in the opinion of the teacher), poses a safety concern to the student who is participating and/or other students.
• The annual New York State Physical Fitness testing will be conducted in Physical Education class for students in grades K-12 during this year.
• Students who are medically excused from Physical Education must have a doctor’s note on file in their school’s Health office and should complete a “restricted activity” Physical Education form.
• Selective Classification procedures for 7th & 8th Grade students interested in playing a Varsity or J.V. level sport are available in the Athletic Director’s office.
Have a Healthy school year and if any questions arise regarding Physical Education, Athletics and Intramurals, please contact George St. Lawrence, Director of Physical Education, Athletics and Intramurals at (845) 460-6245 ext. 6249
Please note the following forms are available for download. Please select the appropriate form from the list below: