What is SEPTA?
Monroe-Woodbury SEPTA is an organization that strives to bring together parents, teachers and administrators in an effort to inform, support and advocate for the unique and special needs of our students.
How do we achieve this?
- Share information regarding special education policies and laws, community resources and supplemental services
- Offer workshops and training regarding various high interest topics such as determining eligibility for services, early intervention, legislative issues, and high school graduation requirements
- Provide up-to-date district information relating to special education services and programming
- Provide statewide legislative information as it relates to special education
Provide opportunities for parents and teachers to share experiences and resources.
SEPTA is your place for the sharing of special needs resources and ideas. We believe that there are many great resources and ideas out there that really need to be shared so that they can be used for children with special needs.
We believe that Special Education will be lifted greatly if we all have a desire to share and build these resources for all to use.
- Provide Student Scholarships
- Provide Teacher Mini-Grants
- Support district budget and funding items related to special education
- Support legislation as it relates to special education
Introduce parents of students in Monroe-Woodbury to the special education process. Providing an overview of special education services, the rights of students with disabilities and your rights as the parent of a child with a disability.
- Provide information and resources with regard to special education law
- Collaborate with other community organizations
- Assist parents in navigating the various processes of special education
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you get involved? JOIN TODAY!
Become a member by sending your membership form to SEPTA at Pine Tree Elementary. Download the form at the bottom of the page.
Attend our monthly membership meetings:
2015-16 Meeting Schedule
Thursday, October 1, 2015 - 7:00 pm
Facebook's "Autism Daddy"
The parent of a severely Autistic son "tells it like it is" by sharing his personal experiences
Central Valley Elementary School
Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 7:00 pm
Current Trends in Special Education
Discussion with Eric Eulau and Attendees of the 2015 Council for Exceptional Children
Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Kids Konnect Bowling Event (K-12)
Colonial Lanes, Chester NY
Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 7:00 pm
Attorney focused on special needs planning and special education advocacy
MW Middle School
Thursday, February 4, 2016 - 7:00 pm
Navigating and maximizing insurance benefits
North Main Elementary
Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 7:00 pm
Dr. Diane Cicatello
Smith Clove Elementary
Thursday, April 7, 2016 - 7:00 pm
Laura Stubecki, OTR/L
Pediatric OT Solutions
Pine Tree Elementary
Thursday, May 5, 2016 - 5:30 pm
MW High School Cafeteria
THE SEPTA EXECUTIVE BOARD IN 2015-16
|Co-President: ||Alicia Pavignano|
|Co-President: ||Tara Sovik-Bandel|
|Vice President: ||Stephanie Patsiner|
|Treasurer: ||Robin Yarrington|
|Recording Secretary: ||Lynda Mitrione|
|Corresponding Secretary: ||Ilene Maddalena|
|Membership Chair: ||Leslye Joseph|
Contact us: email@example.com
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.