|Science » Plant Unit Review Sheet (end of unit test)
Plant Unit Review Sheet (end of unit test)
1. Know the parts of a plant and their jobs/functions
Ex: roots take in water and nutrients from the soil
Stem- holds and supports the plant, sucks up the water and nutrients and carries it to other parts of the flower
Leaf- uses sunlight to make the food (photosynthesis)
Flower- makes seeds and attracts pollinators (bees and insects)
2. How are seeds scattered?
Animals and wind
3. A person who studies plants is a botanist.
4. The baby plant inside a seed is an embryo.
5. What happens when a plant's flowers are removed?
It doesn't produce (make) seeds.
6. Know these words:
Pollination- insects carry pollen from flower to flower to make seeds
Animal dispersal- animals transferring the seeds from one place to another
Germination- when a plant starts to grow
Wind dispersal- the wind blows the seeds from one place to another
7. Know the parts of a seed.
8. Know the parts of a flower.
Mrs. Jordan's Site