HOME PAGE »
- Discover your interests and explore great careers
To get started
1. Go to www.careercruising.com Log in with our school's username (ask your teacher) and password (ask your teacher) to start Career Cruising. At the Career Cruising home page, log in to your portfolio with your personal username (first and last name with a space between them) and password (your student ID).
2. To begin exploring careers, click on the Assessments tab in the top menu bar, click on the Career Matchmaker link, enter your name and select Start a New Career Matchmaker Session to answer 39 short questions about your interests.
3. Save the list of 40 suggested careers based on the Matchmaker to your portfolio so you can revisit your results by selecting "Yes, I have a portfolio." You can select additional options to improve your results.
4. Click on any career title to begin exploring Your Career Suggestions or you can explore careers in your top two matching Career Clusters listed in the box on the at the lower right side of the page.
5. An Occupational Profile for each career will provide following information:
- Suitable for You? (highlights how closely the career reflects your interests based on the Matchmaker), At A Glance, Job Description, Working Conditions, Earnings, Education, Sample Career Path, Related Careers, and much more. Record this information for your top three careers listed in matchmaker on your Career Comparison Matrix worksheet. (see below for the career cruising matrix worksheet)
- Under Photos & Interviews click on either of the two names to look at A Day in the Life and a Breakdown of Activities as well as Likes, Dislikes and Advice. You can see someone at work in this career in the Photofile.
- Save to my Portfolio will let you store any career, to your profile for easy access.
6. From the top menu bar tabs you can find Careers by Name, School Subject or Career Cluster.
Movie Resource Page
Directions: Click on the CAREER VIDEO page link.
Select 3 videos to watch and answer the questions on the video worksheet below for each video you watch.
Choose two of your favorite careers and create a prezi.
Create a PREZI using the following information: PLEASE INCLUDE :
Career 1- (career title, core tasks, workplace, earnings, education training, and attributes/abilities plus graphics) Also include a short video pertaining to your career.
Career 2-(career title, core tasks, workplace, earnings, education training, and attributes/abilities plus graphics) Also include a short video pertaining to your career.
Please click on the link below to see an example of my prezi and also a rubric on how you will be graded . You may view my PREZI to get ideas for your own:)
GOOD LUCK :)
File career comparison matrix.docx
(docx file - 59 KB)
File stem_video_worksheet .docx
(docx file - 13 KB)
(doc file - 26 KB)
Mrs. McNamara's PowerPoint
(pptx file - 9.46 MB)
||doc file: You need the Microsoft Word application to view this file, or a program that can import Word files. To learn more about this software before purchasing it, visit the Microsoft Word website.
||PPTX file: You need Microsoft PowerPoint to view this file. Download a free PowerPoint viewer for PC or Macintosh.
Mrs. McNamara's Site