Monroe Woodbury Music Department
"Pursuit of Excellence through a musical community that celebrates cultural, social and intellectual diversity"
Welcome to the Monroe-Woodbury Music Department
Nicole Regan, District Music Coordinator
45 Route 32
Central Valley, NY 10917
Welcome to the Award Winning M-W Music Department's website!
FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW!
The Monroe Woodbury School District has been recognized as one of the Best Communities for Music Education 2013 by the NAMM Foundation.
To join the MW Music Boosters click here
The Monroe-Woodbury School District has a long history of providing quality music education for all students, Grades K-12.
This site contains a wealth of information regarding the Monroe-Woodbury Music Program and our talented Faculty. Please click on the links to the left to find out more and check the calendar for upcoming concerts and events. Music is constantly being made in every building throughout the District. We thank the District Administration and School Board for understanding and supporting the role that music plays in every child's education.
The Music Department offers a comprehensive program in grades K-12.
- All students participate in general music class once per week in grades K-5. In 6th grade students will take a 10 week general music course. In grades 7 & 8, students are only scheduled for general music if they do not participate in band, chorus, or orchestra.
- All third grade students are required to participate in chorus where they will also learn how to play the recorder. After their third grade choral experience, chorus is an elective through grade 12.
- Students may also elect to participate in band or orchestra at the beginning of fourth grade and have the opportunity to participate through grade 12.
- Additional courses offered, at the high school level, are Theory I & II.
- Our department has over 50 performing groups in grades K-12.
The music department enjoys a partnership with students, parents, administration, Board of Education, and the community.
The District has made every reasonable attempt to ensure that our Web Pages are educationally sound and do not contain links to questionable material or material that can be deemed in violation of the District's Standards and Guidelines for Web Page Publishing Policy.
File winter chamber choir.m4a
(m4a file - 2.21 MB)
24th Faculty Recital Program
(pdf file - 2.61 MB)
M-W Boosters Form
(pdf file - 363 KB)
Boosters Concert Flyer
(pdf file - 973 KB)
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.