PTA Reflections Program

logo for 2018-19 Reflections Program "Heroes Around Me"The 2018-2019 Theme is “Heroes Around Me”

The National PTA Reflections Program welcomes students of all grades and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Students reflect on a theme, create original works of art in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts and earn positive recognition for their achievements.

Get your creative juices flowing and get to work on the new theme!

The PTA Reflections program has two parts:

Part 1: Theme Search

The search is on for a future National PTA Reflections Program theme! The student who submits the winning Theme entry will spark student creativity nationwide during the National PTA Reflections Program.

For all the details, visit: Reflections Theme Search

• DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2018.

Part 2: The Reflections Program

The Reflections Program is a National PTA and New York State PTA cultural arts competition that gives students confidence in their abilities to explore ideas and learn through the arts! Each year hundreds of thousands of students in preschool through grade 12 create and submit original works in the areas of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. The 2018-2019 Reflections theme “Heroes Around Me” will spark imagination and creativity in school and at home, encouraging students to imagine, create and celebrate with Reflections.

2018-19 Reflections Student Entry Form

Reflections Official Rules

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2018.

FAQs

Who can participate?

Each year, students in all grades (K-12) and of all abilities may participate and explore the arts based on an annual theme. The 2018-19 Theme is Heroes Around Me. This is your chance to express who you are as an individual through one or more of the following categories:

• Dance Choreography
  • Film Production
  • Literature
  • Music Composition
  • Photography
  • Visual Arts
How does my child enter the Reflections Contest?
Use this year’s Student Entry Form:

2018-19 Reflections Student Entry Form

Entrants must submit their artwork and student entry form to their school by November 9, 2018. Please follow the rules carefully; only entries that meet all category rules and requirements will be eligible for judging. See Reflections Official Rules

As noted on the student entry form, each entry must contain a title and all entries must include an artist statement. The artist statement communicates what inspired the work and how it relates to the theme and the content of the work. The statement must include at least 10 words and not exceed 100 words. The artist statement is very important and is part of the criteria used for judging.

When is the deadline for submissions?

All entries must be submitted no later than November 9, 2018. Entrants can turn their projects in at the main office of his/her school.

Can my child submit more than one entry?

Your child may submit as many entries as they would like.

Can my child submit an entry in more than one category?

Your child can submit an entry in as many categories as they would like.

Can my child work on a submission with another child?

Only one student may be recognized as the award recipient for each entry.  Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but the work itself must be the creative product of one student only.

What is the Special Artist Division?

The National PTA Special Artist Division is an option for students with disabilities to have the opportunity and accommodations they may need in order to participate fully in the program. The Special Artist Division offers modified rules and guidelines to ensure that every student has the chance to be part of the National PTA Reflections® program. See Reflections Official Rules.