TEACH Account – Register or Update

1 – Log in to a TEACH account

Existing accounts link:


Create a TEACH account if you do not have one:

Link: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/selfreg.html

Please note that when you set up your account you must:

  • use the name that matches your certification
  • use a personal email account (do not use the district email address)

You will receive an email with a link to click to verify your account.

2 – Click on TEACH Online Services

screenshot of NY State Education Department TEACH webpage

NOTE: You may be required to type in your social security number once you click on the TEACH online services box (shown at left) so that the TEACH account you created merges with your existing records at NYSED. If you are prompted to put the SS# in, simply click on the continue/close tab (small box) to move to the next screen.

3 – Click on Profile Links

Click on Update/Add Education, Employment and Personal Information

4 – Click on the blue “Edit Personal Information” box to:

  • Change your address
  • Request a name change by clicking on the blue “Request Name Change” box
  • Enter your personal email address so NYSED can communicate with you via email

Be sure you click on “SUBMIT” if you make any changes.


  1. If you request a name change, there will be a status that says the “Change Pending”. Please submit proof of name change to the Human Resources office at the Education Center so it can be transmitted to NYSED.
  2. Teachers do not need to fill in education and employment history at this time. NYSED has that information on record already with teacher certification and BEDS information.