Little Miracles, an on-site preschool located in Monroe-Woodbury High School, is part of the Early Childhood Education curriculum. High school sophomores, juniors and seniors enrolled in Early Childhood Education courses, under the direction of faculty members Mrs. Garvey and Mrs. Pirraglia, plan lessons, prepare materials and serve as teachers. This eleven-week program is in operation every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, with exact dates and times determined by the high school class schedule each year. There are two sessions, morning and afternoon, in both the Fall and Spring semesters.
To register your child, please complete the online registration form: Little Miracles Registration Form
Details for parents and guardians:
- Children should be four years old before the program begins and must be up to date with immunizations.
- The program is free of charge and open to all four-year-olds residing in the Monroe-Woodbury School District.
- Parents may request Fall or Spring morning or afternoon class sessions.
- Deadlines and information are posted on the Little Miracles page on the district website.
Little Miracles Philosophy
- Teenagers and preschoolers are an appropriate match when creating an Early Childhood Education environment.
- Teenagers and children learn from each other.
- A child thrives in an environment that addresses the five areas of a child’s development: intellectual, emotional, physical, social and moral.
- Positive attention, caring and encouragement help build positive self-esteem.
- Positive self-esteem is key to the success of the learner.
- Learning is a continuous process and involves active participation.
- Teaching children self-help skills leads to independence.